We are excited that you are applying for admission to Houston Christian. Applications for the 2017 - 2018 school year are now available.
The following is a check list of required items:
- Application for Admission
- (submitted electronically only) $100 application fee (non-refundable; payable online). Please note: users have reported issues applying when using Explorer and Firefox. Please use Chrome or Safari, then return to this page and begin the application.
- Copies of report cards, not original transcripts, for 3 years. Please include the past two years and this current school year. Example: An applicant for grade 9 would include report cards for grade 6, 7, and grade 8. Also include standardized testing, if available. (Please note: ALL transfer students must submit 8th grade report card.)
- ISEE test scores (sent directly to HC from ISEE - see more information on ISEE below)
- Distinguished Scholar Program (DSP) Recommendation Form
- Copy of birth certificate
- Permission to release school records to HC (Please note: this form is for students that have been accepted to Houston Christian to submit to their school at the end of the spring semester)
- Transfer Student Notification will be required of all transfer students (those applying for the 10th, 11th or 12th grade).
After an application for admission is submitted, please contact admissions to set-up a time for your student's interview. If an applicant is also applying for admission into either the Program for College Readiness (PCR) or Distinguished Scholars (DSP), they will be invited for a joint interview with the respective programs' directors and admissions personnel.
All applications are due December 15, 2016. Any applications received after December 15 will be considered after the first round of acceptances.
Once an applicant's file is complete, it is reviewed by members of the Admissions Review Committee (ARC). Decision letters, including contracts for general enrollment and special program contracts (DSP or PCR), as well as financial aid notification letters, if awarded, will be mailed on Friday, March 10.
The ISEE (Independent School Entrance Examination) is a nationally normed, standardized test held at sites throughout the Houston area at an additional cost. Please register online. Parents are responsible for all registration and payment directly through the ISEE organization. Houston Christian will host the ISEE January 7th & January 28. Testing at Houston Christian does not provide an advantage to the applicant with regards to an admission decision.
ISEE test results from the January 28th testing date at Houston Christian will be accepted as results are typically reported within 48 hours of testing. To inquire about testing opportunities after February 2nd, please call the Admissions Office at (713) 580-6020.
For more information, call ISEE at (800) 446-0320. Registration is online at http://www.iseetest.org/; the HC test site code is 447561.
Houston Christian High School admits students of race, color, national and ethnic origin to all rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded and made available to students. HC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, scholarships, athletic or other administered programs.