Houston Christian High School (HC) is an independent, non-profit, coeducational, private day school which educates students in grades 9-12. The academic year is comprised of two semesters extending from approximately August to December and January to May. Student leadership development through the Passport to Lead program is a distinct characteristic of each young person's college preparatory experience. Leadership principles are integrated into every course at Houston Christian.
Honor. Demonstrate integrity through ethical decision making.
Community. Serve one another in harmony with humility and honesty.
Heritage. Pursue the ideals of the Christian faith in heart, mind and action.
Scholarship. Cultivate intellectual vitality throughout the curriculum.
Statement of Faith
To ensure the perpetuation of these basic concepts, it is resolved by the founders of the school that all those who become associated with Houston Christian High School as a member, trustee, officer, administrator, faculty or staff member must believe and publicly acknowledge his belief...
- in the divine inspiration of the Bible,
- that God created the world out of nothing,
- that Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior is the pre-existent Son of God and was born of a virgin,
- that He died to pay the price of the sins of all people,
- that He was bodily resurrected from the grave,
- and that, by repentance and acceptance of and belief in Him, by God's grace, the individual is saved to abundant and eternal life in the presence and power of the Triune God.
It is further resolved that the teachings of this school shall never deviate from the above principles. For more information or to apply, visit our Admissions page.